Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ultrasound #6: Peanut Turned Herself!

This is just a quick update to let everyone know that we went to our appointment with the perinatologist yesterday expecting to have to undergo the external version procedure to turn our little Peanut from the breech position and guess what? As soon as the sonographer began the ultrasound she said, "hey, she turned." We all stared at each other in disbelief and said, "she what?" 

That's right, our little breech baby turned herself into the proper birth position all by herself. What a girl! So we avoided an unpleasant procedure and went home feeling much better. Whew! But I am now going to be monitored twice a week from here on out (which includes the baby being monitored and an ultrasound) and the doctor gave me an abdominal binder to help keep Peanut in place so we decided it was time for me to go out on maternity leave. So as of Monday I will be home for the duration of my pregnancy resting and keeping calm (I hope). My nice sweet Mommy has agreed to come up to help me with some last minute baby room organization so I don't overexert myself. So I will definitely have nursery photos to post in a few weeks

I thought I'd leave you with a few Peanut stats. She is already almost 6 pounds, which puts her in the 48th percentile on weight, and her head and length are both average, which is great. It looks like she will surpass Big Brother Noah's birth weight of 6 pounds, 9 ounces, and 18 inches. Amazing! So other than her gymnastics over the last few weeks, she is doing just perfectly! She is a wild girl for sure but we wouldn't want it any other way.

Thanks so much to all of you who were praying and thinking about us yesterday! We appreciate it so very much.  Sorry I don't have any pictures this time but we didn't get any good ones. Peanut is getting too big to be photographed and she was moving too much and would not stay still for the camera. Maybe next time...

3 comments:

  1. I seems to me your mom describes your antics as a baby and toddler as somewhat WILD!! What goes around comes around!! I'm glad Peanut came around on her own too!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay and hooray! Goooo, Peanut! Four weeks with your feet up, resting, reading, putting the finishing touches on the nursery by merely speaking the words... sounds lovely! Enjoy! "Belly binder" doesn't sound quite as lovely. Try to enjoy that too though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Peanut! Stay turned , we'll see you soon for lots of hugs and kisses! Tutu and Papa

    ReplyDelete