Monday, November 14, 2011

Only Two Weeks to Go...

Hi, everyone! Yep, that's big old pregnant me with only two weeks to go!

So what have I been up to for the last two weeks? I've been going to have non-stress testing (that's monitoring with a limited ultrasound) twice a week and visits with my OB/GYN once a week and so far all is well. Peanut has remained in the proper birthing position (thank goodness) and all her fluid levels are fine. The monitoring started to pick up small contractions last week but so far, I am not feeling them so no cause for concern quite yet. My orders from the doctor are to go to the hospital as soon as I start to feel the contractions with discomfort. Since this is my second baby, Peanut could come quickly. So we are all prepared for the unexpected.

In the meantime, I am resting quietly at home (when I am not in a doctor's office, that is) and trying very hard to relax. My Mom and Dad have been wonderful and have come up several times to help me with some of the final touches on organizing Peanut's room and making room in other parts of the house for stuff we were storing in her closet. Jeff and I have almost finished the nursery (I promise photos by the weekend). Just need to hang some pictures and put some other finishing touches on her new space. And Big Brother Noah is actually getting excited about his little sister's arrival. He knows that she will need lots of care and that we will have to feed her and change her diapers and that she will cry a lot since she won't be able to talk. He can't wait to push her in her baby swing, sing her songs and hold her. It's really quite sweet.

So hopefully Peanut will arrive within the next week or so. Please keep us in your prayers and hope for an easy delivery. More to come...

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful! We are all on pins and needles waiting to see her beautiful face! Noah will be the best big brother ever just like his daddy was to his sisters. Love to all four of you! Tutu and Sir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ally! Congratulations on the arrival of your baby girl!! We are all so excited for you:) Sorry I missed your call yesterday. I will call you later today when you are up and about.

    Miss you!

    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete