Thursday, October 13, 2011

34-Week Update

Hi, everyone!

I went to see my regular OB/GYN today and Peanut is still in the breech position. The doctor did not think that she would turn on her own at this point as she is quickly running out of room in there. We are now less than two weeks from seeing our perinatologist and it looks like I will have to undergo the external version procedure after all. Good news is if it works, I will avoid a C-section. Bad news is I could go into labor during the procedure (good Lord, right?) and if successful I will definitely have to go on maternity leave at that point, which is a few weeks earlier than I planned.

Other than that, I am enjoying the last few weeks of my pregnancy. Peanut is about 4.5 pounds, growing right on track and kicking up a storm in there. I could actually feel her trying very hard to turn on her own last weekend. I think she gave it her best shot but she just didn't have the space. Good try, little one! I'm feeling pretty good with only 6 weeks to go even though I am very tired at the end of the day and not exactly sleeping soundly. But that is to be expected at this point. Bottom line, I can't wait to meet our baby girl so I can kiss her and hold her and love her at last. Just don't come too soon, OK?

Our appointment with the perinatologist is on October 26. I will definitely post an update after that appointment to let you know how it went. In the meantime, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment