Friday, August 26, 2011

Last Trimester, Here I Come!

Hi, everyone!

Just wanted to give you a quick Peanut update for this week. I will be 27 weeks pregnant tomorrow so that means I only have 13 weeks left before our little Peanut arrives. I am also officially in my last trimester. Whew! I can't believe it! This has been such an easy and fun pregnancy. I'm much more relaxed since this is not the first time I've done this and I am enjoying feeling Peanut moving around inside of me. She is a prize fighter for sure!

This weekend, all the lovely men in our family are coming up to our house to help us get our former guest room ready for Peanut (Noah and I will be taking Cousin Ella and the grandmas to the Zoo so we stay out of the way). They will move out a queen bed, dresser, two night stands, bookshelves, miscellaneous boxes and a big heavy TV (which is going to Great-Grammy Mary's house...Livingston men, you can thank us later). Next weekend, we are going to pick out new big boy furniture for Noah so that we can finally get him out of his toddler bed and move his baby furniture into Peanut's room. I already ordered some really awesome train bedding and such for his new room. He is so excited! We will still need to paint Peanut's room a nice, pleasant girlie color (right now it is a lovely burnt sienna) so I'm sure we'll look at paint samples next weekend, too. She will get Noah's beautiful unisex Classic Pooh bedding and decor for her room as well as all the accessories that go with it (thank goodness we went neutral last time around). So stay tuned for before and after pictures of both rooms in the coming weeks...

So how am I feeling these days? Well, I've gained 15 pounds and Peanut is growing perfectly! So I am getting quite big. Maybe one of the grandmas will take a picture of big old me at the Zoo and I'll post it next week. A few weeks ago I had pain in one of my sciatic nerves, which made it a bit hard to walk around. On top of that, I had pain in one of my calves that got worse in the middle of the night. When I told my OB/GYN about it at my appointment last week he said, "oh, yeah, that will happen." Fortunately the pain went away in a few days. Sheesh! I'm also getting a bit more swollen in my feet and hands especially (had to take my wedding rings off last week and I am now wearing them on a chain). And of course I am getting less and less sleep and more and more tired as the weeks go on. But other than that, I am really doing quite well for an elderly pregnant gal. Ha!

On Wednesday, August 31, we will have our fourth ultrasound so I will definitely post photos next week of Peanut. Mimi and Pop-Pop are going to join Jeff and I again this time (they can't get enough of the Peanut Show). So stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Coming down the home stretch!! Prepping a room for peanut sounds like LOTS of fun!! Hope the temps cool a bit before then though!! eek

    ReplyDelete