Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Peanut Discussion with Big Brother Noah

Last night, Big Brother Noah and I were talking about Peanut. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: So Noah, Peanut's getting pretty big, huh?

Noah: Peanut is getting pretty big, Mommy.

Me: So what do you think will happen when Peanut gets really, really big and is ready to come out.

Noah: (Pointing to my belly button) Peanut will come out of here.

Me: Really? Do you think Peanut will fit? He/she will be pretty big.

Noah: (Thinking) No, Peanut will come down from the sky.

Me: Really? But then why is Peanut growing in Mommy's tummy?

Noah: Ummm, look, it's Buzz Lightyear...

Oh, boy. I think we need to spend more time reading our friend Cam's wonderful book "Mommy's Having a Baby" because this conversation went nowhere. I think the reality of what will happen at the end of November when Peanut is born is still a mystery to my little boy. Evidence as to why taking Noah to our next ultrasound may be helpful. Just a thought.

By the way, Noah loves giving Peanut kisses and says good morning and good night to him/her. It's very cute. He is going to be the best big brother!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. Emily thought Everett would be coming out my belly button as well. Looks like a good exit point I guess. Looking forward to learning the sex... I don't choose it for myself but I like it when others find out. :D

    ReplyDelete